American Automobile Association - Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them!

Update added by user Dec 12, 2015

Update: After I published Negative Reviews on this *** company's abuse towards ME, I then received a letter from Anita Toral in their customer service department who did Nothing, but Write Lies and Made Out A False Claim that I Kept The Insurance For A While Before Cancelling It When In Reality, I Did Cancel It Immediately With American Express.

Their employees are Trained To Lie! Amazing!

Furthermore, I also received another bogus letter asking ME for payment from Richard Purcell, their Collections Supervisor at (714) 885-1922 or

I have enclosed both of their letters in the attachments.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2015

Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud!

Do Not Do Business With Them!

I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since I decided that I do Not Need To Drive After All, I decided to Cancel Their Services Right Away with American Express since that is How I Paid For Their Services To Begin With and Had No Problem In Doing So!

American Express therefore Gave Me The Credit Back Right Away and Blocked My Account from being Charged and/or from being Re-Billed Again.

However, this company is a Big Fraud because Not too long after I Cancelled their Services, they started having one of their Uneducated Employees Call Me Up On The Phone and Harass Me For About $60.00 Dollars Or So That I Do Not Owe Them for their Services to Begin With in which I Never Used, Utilized or Needed after all!

In Addition, they have been Extremely Disgustingly and Rudely Aggressive For The Wrong Reasons after I Have Told Them Over The Phone The Whole Situation and they have Continued To Illegally Call Me Against My Will and Ignore My Responses.

I have therefore asked them to Cease and Desist Immediately and sadly, My Wishes Have Not Been Respected.

I had ended Up Swearing, Yelling and Cursing them to Leave Me The ***K Alone or I will Call The Police.

It has Got That Far and My Next Step Is To File A Police Report if it Continues!

Not Only That, but this *** Company has also sent ME Many Letters Harassing Me For The Money As Well Like The One That I Am Presenting To You In The Attachment

and they even Increased the Illegal Amount of Money that They Claim that I Owe Them, even though In Reality, I do Not Owe Them A Dime!

I wish this *** Company would just Please Get Their Facts Straight and Start Being Honest with their Potential and Non-Potential Customers when they tell them something because You Never Know What Websites They Are Going To Be Broadcasted On Like I Am Doing Right Now!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Offer necessary services for people driving their vehicles
  • What I disliked
    • Harassing phone calls for money
    • Harassing letters by mail for money
    • That they did not believe their customer
    • Did not cease and desist as requested
    • Keep on contacting me for money

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
I do NOT owe them any money and they need to please Cease and Desist from Contacting Me by phone and by mail for Money that I do NOT Owe Them since I cancelled the Services almost Immediately after Charging them!
Product or service
Aaa Auto Insurance
Review category
review #749861 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Automobile Association? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 18 #1228694 Fort Smith, Arkansas

I am currently going through the EXACT same thing right now! Frustrating!

0 0 Reply

Feb 16 #1112901 Pacoima, California

I Too have been getting bogus letters from Richard Purcell - Collections Supervisor for vehical insurance that I never had through AAA. I never signed or authorized any insurance with them and my credit card got charged without authorization.
I received a refund in the mail for their charges "minus" their fees for correcting their mistake. I've also been receiving phone calls from them weekly. Thank you for including Richards email in your complaint above because that was what I was online looking for so I can start a paper trail with AAA before I get a lawyer!!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.