American Automobile Association - FALSE ADVERTISING for Mobile Battery replacement
BUNCH OF CROOKS! FALSE ADVERTISING. Absolutely appalled at the lack of service and relentless up-selling I just received. My car battery died on Thursday, and I knew I needed a new one. My insurance is wonderful and provides free jumps, towing, lockout service, etc… all the things that come in a basic AAA membership service, which is why I don’t need a membership w/AAA. I was planning on calling my insurance for a free jump, then driving my car to a local auto shop for a battery replacement. My dad suggested I look into a mobile battery replacement service, and after a quick online search, AAA mobile battery replacement was the first I found, claiming $135 for non members. Seems good enough, slightly more expensive than my auto shop, but way more convenient… so I called yesterday to see if I could set up an appointment for today, explained I’m not a member and did not want to become one, etc. The rep with whom I spoke told me to call back today and they would be happy to dispatch someone to my location today. Called today (on hold forever), to be told the service is only for members, at which point I explained to the rep that the person with whom I spoke yesterday said it’s not a problem if I’m not a member. Today’s rep said that yesterday’s rep must have been mistaken, but “If you purchase a membership with me I’d be happy to set up a battery replacement.” ARE YOU KIDDING? I told her, “I’m literally LOOKING at the AAA website which clearly states on more than one page that the cost is $135 for non-members, and $110 for members. I want the $135 price, since I’m not paying $72 for the privilege of a battery replacement when my insurance covers all of the other supposed roadside benefits that AAA offers!” She again told me I am mistaken, so I said, “Perhaps you can transfer me to someone else.” She said, “Please hold and I’ll try to get a supervisor.” (on hold again for forever) She comes back saying that they can get a mobile battery replacement sent to me, but that it would cost way more than $135, maybe even over $200, and wouldn’t I like to sign up for a membership for a discount on the battery service and she would even take $10 off the yearly membership cost! I once again reiterated that my (non-thief) insurance company has all the roadside perks of AA (sans battery replacement) for free. This conversations dragged on entirely too long. So apparently now someone is supposed to come to my house in the next 90 minutes but are first supposed to call me to confirm a price since AAA was unable to do it since I wasn’t a member. At this point, I am so fed up that I am quite close to scrapping it and getting a jump and driving to my local auto shop, but I’m interested to hear what this “non member cost” now will be. I AM SO FRUSTRATED at the poor service given to me as a non-member – honestly, should you be trying to get customers??? With how poorly I was just treated without yet giving you my money, I’d hate to see how you treat those poor souls who have already committed to a year of your nonsense! Not to mention the ridiculous false advertising ALL OVER YOUR WEBSITE. For a company that supposedly prides itself on its longstanding, fabulous reputation, you should be ashamed. I am proud to say I never have been, nor ever will be, a member of your elite club.
UPDATE - -Service has been cancelled due to it costing a MINIMUM OF $190!!!!! MINIMUM!!! They could POSSIBLY charge me more upon arrival!!! Why even both posting a price on your site???
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mobile Battery Replacement
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there. dba. www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you..."
- "After 6 weeks of waiting and 6k in repairs our 97K forest River RV was returned in horrible condition. No walk through to confirms repairs just pay the cashier and..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."