Manassas, Virginia

Don't ever give AAA your money!Manasses AAA sent me a notice that I could enroll for $100 when I called, the guy told me that I couldn't because I had been a member years prior.

Related: American Automobile Association - AAA Road Emegency Road Side Service = No Show

Then, he sold me AAA and said that if I paid $200 upfront I could add both of my daughters for free. Then, AAA took $68.00 out of my bank account and charged me for one of my daughters. I called AAA -and was informed that I could not get a refund unless I was already a member and it was a duplicate membership or if there was a death - and a death certificate was supplied. I called multiple times to complain about deceptive practices.

The supervisor informed me that they were aware and had listen to the recording of this duplicitous offer on the phone by their representative.

She said that since that is not their policy they will not refund my money, even though that's what I was told.Bottom line: I paid almost $300 for a $100 offer, was lied to, I had money removed from my account, without permission and have no recourse.

Review about: Aaa Membership.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Automobile Association?

Comments

Open a complaint to your states attorney general, the BBB, Yelp...Eventually, they should do something about it.

As you stated, they do KNOW what happened. It all depends on how much you value the extra money and the time you need to put into it.

The person you talk too makes money by getting you to join. There out sourced! It's like a sub contractor.

Companies like to do this because any fault is on the outsourced person, not the companies, and the company is not at fault. This is classic screw-the-consumer-101.

This is what their saying - it's not there policy, so the company is not at fault. Sad really. It means they really don't care about the customer at all.

I've run into this type of thing a few times.

When i do speak with a person on the phone, I'll ask them if they are hired by, paid by, and, are in the companies office. Or, are outsourced. The answer is usually outsourced.

If I really want to screw with them... I say in a monotone voice ...

"For accuracy and quality control, this conversion may be recorded"... then continue.

You can also tap the phone with your fingernail lightly a few times to make a 'clicking' sound.

It's funny really!Most times they just hang up!