American Automobile Association - Review about Aaa Membership from Manassas, Virginia

31 of 295 American Automobile Association reviews

Don't ever give AAA your money!Manasses AAA sent me a notice that I could enroll for $100 when I called, the guy told me that I couldn't because I had been a member years prior.

Then, he sold me AAA and said that if I paid $200 upfront I could add both of my daughters for free. Then, AAA took $68.00 out of my bank account and charged me for one of my daughters. I called AAA -and was informed that I could not get a refund unless I was already a member and it was a duplicate membership or if there was a death - and a death certificate was supplied. I called multiple times to complain about deceptive practices.

The supervisor informed me that they were aware and had listen to the recording of this duplicitous offer on the phone by their representative.

She said that since that is not their policy they will not refund my money, even though that's what I was told.Bottom line: I paid almost $300 for a $100 offer, was lied to, I had money removed from my account, without permission and have no recourse.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Aaa Membership
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #747947

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Automobile Association? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
31 of 295 American Automobile Association reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 10, 2015 #1076885

Open a complaint to your states attorney general, the BBB, Yelp... Eventually, they should do something about it. As you stated, they do KNOW what happened. It all depends on how much you value the extra money and the time you need to put into it.
The person you talk too makes money by getting you to join. There out sourced! It's like a sub contractor. Companies like to do this because any fault is on the outsourced person, not the companies, and the company is not at fault. This is classic screw-the-consumer-101.
This is what their saying - it's not there policy, so the company is not at fault. Sad really. It means they really don't care about the customer at all.
I've run into this type of thing a few times. When i do speak with a person on the phone, I'll ask them if they are hired by, paid by, and, are in the companies office. Or, are outsourced. The answer is usually outsourced.
If I really want to screw with them... I say in a monotone voice ... "For accuracy and quality control, this conversion may be recorded"... then continue. You can also tap the phone with your fingernail lightly a few times to make a 'clicking' sound.
It's funny really! Most times they just hang up!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to American Automobile Association. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Automobile Association.
Filing a new complaint about
×