American Automobile Association - Ripped Off by AAA Roadside Plus Membership

Filed claim for Car Travel Interruption Reimbursement following auto accident in which car was totaled and my husband injured.My Plus policy states I have up to $1000 in reimbursement coverage of hotel, meals and transportation home costs.

After 2 months under review, my legitimate claim was DENIED due to small print (Not mentioned in benefit advertisement). In other words, the accident doesn't matter, as it was not conveniently timed according to the wording of the policy. We are left holding the bag for car rental and extra hotel costs because of TRICKY LANGUAGE in policy. Potential new members: Beware of FALSE ADVERTISING by AAA!!!!!!!

They DO NOT and WILL NOT have your back..By the way, I have been a loyal member for 15 years.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Delay and rude denial of the claim
    • False advertising

Product or service
Roadside Plus Membership
Review category
review #567551

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Automobile Association? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 06, 2015 #941971 Oakland, California

you should really read what you buy. Road trip interruption is an emergency roadside service, does not apply to accidents. you have to be more than 100 miles away from home. sounds like you were trying to cheat the company and it didnt work. better luck next time.

1 1 Reply

Dec 23, 2014 #920005 Greensboro, North Carolina

I feel your pain about AAA, I switched to a better company about a year ago. Although I canceled my membership with AAA, I still needed roadside assistance. Email me at and I can share with you about the AWESOME company I switched to. Hope to hear from you soon!

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.